Company: Elgi Rubber Company Limited
Topic : Cost Reduction in Retreading Plants
Post Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
1981 – 82 Design Engineer in an engineering consulting company.
1983 – present Various positions in Elgi Rubber.
Currently Chairman and Managing Director.
ERCL is dedicated to providing single source solutions to the tyre & rubber industries. It does this through 3 verticals:
- Retreading solutions through a franchise network in the SAARC region as well as company owned retreading plants.
- Single source manufacture & supply of retreading equipment & supplies to retreading networks
- Supply of reclaimed rubber and custom made compounds
ERCL pioneered precured retreading in India and operates a network of over 250 retreading plants in the country.
Besides India, the company has operations in Australia, Brasil, Kenya, the Netherlands, Sri Lanka and the USA with 12 manufacturing locations across these countries.
ERCL markets products under following brands:
- Jet – Tyre retreading & repair equipment & supplies
- CRS (Cincinnati Retread Systems) – Expandable Hubs & Rims, Tyre retreading Equipment
- Armonas – Retread processing equipment
- Pincott – Rasp Blades
- Carbrasive – Brazed Carbide Tools
- Midwest Rubber – Gums, Adhesives and Sealants
- Westernweld – Automotive tyre maintenance products
- Ecorr – Reclaimed rubber & compounds